So, great big deep breath, LOTS and LOTS of prayer, and LOTS of ranting to Mr. A. There really are more important things to dwell on. Princess O was diagnosed with reflux. She is on medication. She is on a very smelly formula. She is still, at times, Mt. Vesuvius. Lol! She is happy, cooing, laughing at anyone who will play, and playing with her toes anytime she realizes she can reach them. For us. Every time I talk to CPS or the ad Litem they are surprised that she is so easy going. That is not the case during visits. How sad that she is so stressed out during visits. How frustrating that there is nothing I can do to alleviate that stress for her. But I digress...
Thing1 and Thing2 have had a whirlwind weekend with their daddy and oldest cousin, BD. BD's brother HD has been in the hospital with a staph infection in his fibula (leg bone). He did get to go home today (Praise the Lord!), but will be on IV antibiotics for several weeks. Mom, Dad, and HD all did GREAT through the whole scary hospital experience. BD, Thing1 and Thing2 were entertained by Mr. A (and some by Uncle Bacon and Tots) going to see rocket ships, the beach, ride the train, and the movies. I have an absolutely amazing husband who is also a fabulous daddy and uncle.
Right now all three darlings are playing. Thing1 is building rocket ships with the pillows on the couch next to me. Thing2 is trying to "help" Mr. A hang a fan. Princess 0 is trying to roll from her side to her tummy and watching all of the action that her brothers bring. Life gets messier by the minute, but these evenings continually remind me God is good. I can't see the end of the road or sometimes even the very next step, but no matter what He is good.
Prayers for our family:
- HD's healing from the infection. My sister, brother-in-law, and BD's peace of mind now that they are home.
- Princess O's mom to come to a saving knowledge of Christ.
- CPS caseworker, judge, ad Litem, attorneys, other caseworkers and therapists involved in the case- for wisdom and discernment in their decision making for Princess O.
- For Princess O's reflux. She has an upper GI test scheduled for Friday. Pray that she keeps gaining weight and continues to be happy even while spitting-up so much.
- Sanity for me as I end the school year this week.