Thing1 and Thing2 have been healthy for 2 weeks in a row. I have not heard that their cultures came back positive, so they must not be the strep carriers. Now we wait for Mr. A's and my cultures. Can you sense the suspense?
Princess O has terrible congestion and started wheezing today. Off the the pediatrician we went. Breathing treatments, Zyrtec, and humidifiers here we come. In an effort to find the joy I am glad this happened today and not on Monday when work will begin it's fast decent into chaos.
There is a potential family placement that may be coming. Birthmom has a brother that has voiced a possible interest in taking Princess O. The only answer to the question, "Where has he been all this time?" that we have received is that he wanted Birthmom to fight for her. The ad Litem said that he has only voiced an interest and has not proceeded with any of the steps he will have to go through. We have done a little research on him. According to Facebook (and we all know that is such an accurate depiction of real life, but still) he would definitely not be the worst place for her to go. He has a good job, is well educated, and seems pretty decent. Only time will tell at this point. Of course the selfish part of me thinks the very best place for her is with me. I worry about her safety even with her uncle. But God has been continually reminding me that He has been protecting her since before she was born, and will continue to do so. I have done nothing but be obedient to Him. He would have protected her with our without me. I am so grateful that He chose to use me as part of her protection in this moment. At Princess O's parent visit this week I was told that Birthmom is trying to see if she can get back into drug court. Our understanding is that this cannot happen. Our desire is that this does not happen. Again, we wait.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
Ways you can pray:
- Pray for the whole family's health and adjustment to our new schedule.
- Pray specifically for Princess O's breathing.
- Pray that our new caseworker is able to use discernment in making recommendations that are the best for Princess O.
- Pray that Mr. A and I see past our desires to what God wants for Princess O if those are different. I pray everyday that she would stay with us, but am also praying that God change my heart if it is not His will that she stay forever.
- Pray for Princess O's uncle. That he make a decision about her permanency soon. If he is where she should end up, that God would prepare him physically, mentally, and spiritually for this beautiful blessing.
- Continue to pray for Birthmom. Pray that she would find the peace that God offers. That she would make choices that are healthy for both her and Princess O.
- Continue to pray for those that make decisions in the case- the judge, CPS caseworker and supervisor, and ad Litem.