We have been open for another placement for a couple of weeks now. Things look like they may be a little slow because we have to be more selective with our placements. CPS (like every other agency in our state) has taken huge budget cuts, and so is no longer willing to provide transportation to agency homes for parent visits. It falls into our agency's lap. The budget issues of course trickle down to the agencies where many (including ours) are not equipped to provide consistent transportation either. So, in order to save my sanity we have had to specify which offices we could provide transportation to and how frequently we are able to transport. I keep being told that visits 3 times a week was far from the norm, and that I could expect the most to be no more than 1 time a week for tiny babies.
So we wait. Again.
Ways you can pray:
- Pray for the baby(ies) that God will send into our home next. Pray that God would protect the child physically, mentally, and spiritually.
- Pray for Thing1 and Thing2 to transition well when we get the next placement. They have been relatively healthy so far (although Thing2 has gone back to most of his allergy/asthma medicine- 'tis the season), and I need them to stay healthy.
- Pray for Mr. A and me that we would transition well. That our communication with each other would stay open, and that we would both deal with the added stresses in healthy ways. Pray that our bodies will not succomb to the stress by getting sick.
- Pray for both of our employers that there would be compassion and understanding when the new placement comes (both of our jobs have been awesome so far).
- Pray that we would wait on God's timing.