No, we have not heard from PrincessO. Thing1 and my sweet-hearted nephew keep reminding of the forever mark she left on our family, though. Both of them wrote that they were thankful for her on their "Thankful Leaves" at Thanksgiving. Thing1 continues to ask to be the one to pray for her. My nephew is loving his new sister while sharing memories of his cousin, PrincessO, with my sister and mom. These sweet boys remind us too why we are traveling down this road instead of other roads we could travel (such as have another biological child). God has given us deep longings in our hearts to open our lives to children that have no where else to go. It's not simply about us wanting to have more children. It's about sharing God's love and His abundance in our lives with others. Foster care is one of the ways we believe God wants us to do that.
On another note, my sister and brother-in-law welcomed their first foster placement into their home on Saturday. PrincessR is a tiny bundle of cute!
Ways you can pray for our family:
- Pray for PrincessO- for her development and her family's continued adjustment.
- For our family as we wait for God's timing. We are not very good at waiting, but have no choice right now. That we would also not miss opportunities to share God's love just because we are waiting for a baby to live with us.
- For the child(ren) that will come into our home- for their growth and protection physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.
- For the people that make placement decisions- that they would make decisions that are the best for the child, not just the budget.
- For PrincessR and my sister's family as they adjust to all of the changes a new baby brings.