Friday, July 6, 2012

A Glorious Summer

I keep meaning to update everyone, but it just hasn't happened.  Sorry!  There is not alot to update as far as the case goes.  We are still in our holding pattern for the appeal.  I did find out that this is to be an expedited appeal.  Don't get excited.  An expedited appeal apparently just means the state has 18 months to get to it.  I would really hate to have a normal appeal!  


We are in the middle of a glorious summer.  The month of June was spent in swim lessons, a conference for me, getting the kids in a routine of sleeping in a little (7:30 some days!), and vacation.  My children have been amazing.  During our week of vacation (which we spent at Meemaw & Poppaw's house- I have amazing in-laws) I took time to just sit and watch my kiddos.  Each one seems to be growing and blossoming so fast!  Thing1 is my big kid.  He rode everything he could at the water park and theme park and cried when he was too small to ride something.  He wants to know "why" about everything all the time, and "I don't know" is not enough.  Thing2 is leaving that toddler stage to become a preschooler.  He is still afraid of everything, but during vacation was more willing to be forced to have new experiences and admitted that he liked most of them when they were finished.  His sense of humor is exploding- he has discovered teasing (pretending to throw a fit today in the car then told me, "I just teasing, Mommy. Hahaha.") and knock-knock jokes (thank you SOOO much, Mr.A).  PrincessA is my sponge.  She repeats anything and everything said to her.  She fends her brothers off quite effectively.  She loved every new experience she had during vacation.  It's very odd to think that she has only been a part of our family for 7 months and to think about what she was like in the beginning.


So, there is our summer so far.  July will hopefully be as fun, just less eventful.


Ways you can pray:

  • That the appeal would move quickly.
  • That we would not come into contact with the birth-family (Grandma has moved, and we don't know where.  Since she already lived fairly close to us we try to stay mindful of our surroundings).
  • For the health of my children (we seem to be getting some viruses lately).

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it's been a good summer! I gotta work on that sleeping in 'til 7:30 thing. James is my early riser every morning at 6am. Love hearing about the kids and their personalities!

    ReplyDelete