Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Moving Forward

CPS got the paper they needed letting them know that the mandate (that states the appeal was denied/rights are still terminated) is official on Friday.  This was very much due to PrincessA's attorney doing the leg work to see what the hold up was.  In the next 30 days the case will move to adoption.  If everything goes right we are looking at finalizing in December, January at the latest.  It feels like it has taken forever, but December will only be a year since this sweet baby entered our home.  She is almost unrecognizable in the things she can do, her personality shining through, her confidence, and her appearance.  Alot of it is normal changes that happens in the course of a year of development, but I'm so thankful that we could provide the healthy family and home for her to blossom in because I don't think it would have happened where she was.

Since school has started we have been going like crazy.  Both boys are playing soccer, and the Princess gets very frustrated that she can't yet.  Right now I am home with Thing2 with some unknown illness that had us up at 4:30 am.  Hopefully we'll know what it is this afternoon at his doctor's appointment.  Poor guy will also have surgery on November 1st.  It will be outpatient and is routine, but I have decided that it's never routine when it's your baby being put under anesthesia.

So, the big question is, "Where will we go from the adoption?"  We wish we knew!  If you know me even a little bit you know that I like to know the plan- in it's entirety.  That is not where we are right now.  We are praying about what we feel God is calling us to and His timing.  In the immediate future I'm looking forward to just being able to breathe.  Once the adoption is finalized it will be the first time in 2 years I won't have to write progress notes, schedule home visits, ask permission to take my child out of town, document, document, document.  I know that time to just be a family will be good for us.

Ways you can pray:

  • That we would be sensitive to God's direction and timing in our family's life.
  • Things will go quickly and smoothly with the adoption.
  • Thing2 will get healthy, and that his surgery will be uneventful.


But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

  1. How did you get this on Facebook? I heard you had a blog, I need your help with learning how to do certain things on my blog. I am super excited for your family.

    ReplyDelete